Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    9.03.2009

    Using all our created spaces


    Oobject compiled 12 stunning roof gardens and I concur. The roof isn't just the top of a building - it is an implied space - thus it should be maximized for not only the function of the building but for the occupant/user's experience of the building. Such gardens offer reduced heating/cooling bills for the building as well as boosting the aesthetic and postive environmental impact of such a structure.

    2 comments:

    1. I don't quite understand what's keeping tenants and building owners the world over from retrofitting their buildings with this kind of thing. It seems like a win-win-win situation to me.

      ReplyDelete
    2. I agree completely - but right now its a matter of having the spare change to do this to a space - and ensuring the existing structure can support it, sadly a great deterrent.

      ReplyDelete